- Preschool Storytime with Betty – Monday November 30 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Shopping for a Laptop or Tablet? – Tuesday December 1 at 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Holiday Craft Series: Decorative Card Holder – Tuesday December 1 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Community Energy Savers – Wednesday December 2 at 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Meet Jan Brett--and Hedgie! – Wednesday December 2 at 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Preschool Storytime with Betty – Monday December 7 at 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Community Energy Savers – Tuesday December 8 at 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Holiday Craft Series: Winter Mixed Bag – Tuesday December 8 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wednesday Anime Card Club – Wednesday December 9 at 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Fun Bag - Book Bag- Gift Bag ...Let's Make It – Thursday December 10 at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Plains branch opened on January 20, 1991. It was the first branch in the Athens County Public Library system to be built specifically for library service. It heralded in a new era of library building projects; locations had previously been rented spaces or converted storefronts. Encouraged by the continuing growth of The Plains community, the library doubled in size during a quarter-million dollar expansion project in 1999. The branch’s central location in the county makes it a popular spot for residents from neighboring communities.
The library has a modest study and play area for children. We feature public computers in our kids’ section for the convenience of the children and their parents.
Programs for children are provided regularly, including preschool story time, after-school programs, and our countywide summer program, Book Camp. A full-time children’s librarian is on staff.
Need help with your Kindle, Nook, or iPad? Reserve an hour with a library tech for help with your device, including the use of our digital collection via The Ohio Digital Library.
To sign-up, contact The Plains Library at 740-797-4579