- What the Health Is Going On Here? — Monday, October 22, 2018, 12:30 PM 2:30 PM
- Dungeons and Dragons — Monday, October 22, 2018, 3:30 PM 5:30 PM
- Stuffed Pumpkin — Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 3:30 PM 4:30 PM
- Mystery in the Stacks — Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 6:30 PM 7:30 PM
- Fall Storytime — Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:00 AM 11:30 AM
- Saturday Afternoon Movie: Ant-Man and The Wasp — Saturday, October 27, 2018, 1:00 PM 3:00 PM
- Dungeons and Dragons — Monday, October 29, 2018, 3:30 PM 5:30 PM
- Hot Topics for Cool Heads: What are Ways That Our Environment Most Needs Protected? — Monday, October 29, 2018, 6:00 PM 7:00 PM
- Drop-In Help for Job Seekers — Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 10:00 AM 1:00 PM
- Fall Storytime — Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 11:00 AM 11:30 AM
The Plains branch opened on January 20, 1991. It was the first branch in the Athens County Public Library system to be built specifically for library service. It heralded in a new era of library building projects; locations had previously been rented spaces or converted storefronts. Encouraged by the continuing growth of The Plains community, the library doubled in size during a quarter-million dollar expansion project in 1999. The branch’s central location in the county makes it a popular spot for residents from neighboring communities.
The library has a modest study and play area for children. We feature public computers in our kids’ section for the convenience of the children and their parents.
Programs for children are provided regularly, including preschool story time, after-school programs, and our countywide summer program, Book Camp. A full-time children’s librarian is on staff.