To better assist library visitors in navigating daily challenges, ACPL partners with Integrated Services for Behavioral Health to bring a Community Behavioral Health Worker into the libraries.
Liz Vandendries travels to all library buildings to listen to individual needs and to offer next-step information on accessing resources and services. On any given day, she answers questions related to the following topics:
- job applications and employment resources
- mental health support
- concerns about housing, transportation, or food insecurity
- pet/animal care resources
- prenatal and pregnancy resources
- addiction services resources
- medical/dental/eye care resources
Call, text, or email Liz for an appointment, or ask for more info at your local library.
This position is supported by the State Library of Ohio with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.