All ACPL libraries are OPEN to the public with the following safety protocols:
In keeping with the CDC recommendations for our current community level, we’re no longer requiring masks at any of the Athens County Public Libraries.
NOTE: If the community level changes to where masks are recommended in indoor public places, we will post signs advising all individuals to wear masks inside in accordance with CDC guidelines, and will provide masks for those who do not have one with them (while supplies last).
- Some library programs may still require masks if the staff member who planned the program feels it is necessary due to a small space or the needs of the community.
- We are a mask-friendly place and recognize that some individuals need to keep wearing them, regardless of what community level we are at.
- Our staff will also continue to follow our Covid-19 procedures, approved by our Board.
- If you’re feeling unwell, we encourage you to please wait to visit a library location or look into using our no-contact curbside services. (Curbside services are also available to anyone who wants to use them. This is a service that’s sticking around!)
- Likewise, moving forward we will continue to offer a mixture of in-person, virtual, hybrid, and grab-and-go programs.
- The Friends of the Athens Library Book Sale is now ongoing and located in the YA section of the Athens library, using an honor system. *Books in good condition are being accepted for donation.