- Sprouting Melodies — Saturday May 2, 2020, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- The Immigrant Experience in America — Saturday May 2, 2020, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Baby and Toddler Storytime — Monday May 4, 2020, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Game Night — Monday May 4, 2020, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Baby & Toddler Storytime — Tuesday May 5, 2020, 9:30am - 10:00am
- Baby & Toddler Storytime — Tuesday May 5, 2020, 11:00am - 11:30am
- Spanish Conversation Hour — Tuesday May 5, 2020, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- school age program — Tuesday May 5, 2020, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- Preschool Storytime — Wednesday May 6, 2020, 10:00am - 10:30am
- Morning Yoga — Wednesday May 6, 2020, 10:00am - 11:00am
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
Ask here about free Culture Passes to popular area sites like the Athens MakerSpace.
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking