- Trash to Treasure: Artful Clothing and Accessories by Annabelle Heart — Monday November 2, 2020, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Demolition: A Collage Art Study by John McVicker — Tuesday November 3, 2020, 12:00am - 12:00am
- "Nawlins" Piano Concert With Pianoman Michael Tobar [online concert] — Tuesday December 1, 2020, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Circle Circle: Art in all Media — Wednesday December 2, 2020, 9:00am - 8:00pm
- 2020 Athens SWCD Photo Contest — Thursday December 3, 2020, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Meet the Author: Dan Gearino and Comic Shop [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday December 3, 2020, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- Civil War Round Table — Wednesday December 9, 2020, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- The Borders of Our Minds: An Armchair Traveler Event with Global Trekker, David Mould [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday December 10, 2020, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- Meet the Author: Paul Gaus and the Amish Country Mysteries Series [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday December 17, 2020, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- Fiction Writing, Part One: Characters [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday January 7, 2021, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
- Print from home
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking