- Baseball During the Second World War: The Cleveland Indians — Thursday May 19, 2022, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Family Storytime — Saturday May 21, 2022, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- YA Dungeons and Dragons — Saturday May 21, 2022, 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Anime Card Club — Saturday May 21, 2022, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Spring Blooms and Bikes - Family Bicycle Tour — Saturday May 21, 2022, 2:00pm - 3:30pm Register
- Nonviolent Communication Workshop — Monday May 23, 2022, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Athens Poetry Group — Tuesday May 24, 2022, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Baby/Toddler Storytime — Wednesday May 25, 2022, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Copy of D+D Gaming Group — Wednesday May 25, 2022, 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Preschool Storytime — Thursday May 26, 2022, 10:00am - 11:00am
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
- Print from home
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking