- Storytime-to-Go Bags — Monday June 7, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Music Memories: Poetry of the Calliope Feminist Choir — Tuesday June 15, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Mixed Media on Canvas: The Art of Robin Brigante — Friday July 2, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- People on Paper: The Paper Doll Art of Vivian Huggins — Friday July 2, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Create a Paper Lantern — Monday August 2, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Shaken and Stirred: Alcohol, Ink and Water: The Watercolors of Carolyn Haugen — Tuesday August 3, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Windsor Chairs by John Wood — Tuesday August 3, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Storytime for Adults: Sherlock Holmes (Virtual Program) — Thursday August 5, 2021, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- T-shirt Macrame Hanger Teen Take & Make — Monday August 9, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Silent Reading Book Club (Virtual Program) — Wednesday August 11, 2021, 6:00pm - 8:00pm Register
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
- Print from home
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking