- Family Storytime — Saturday, November 17, 2018, 11:00 AM 12:00 PM
- Thanksgiving Storytime presented by SURJ — Saturday, November 17, 2018, 3:30 PM 4:30 PM
- ASPIRE! Ohio's new GED prep program — Monday, November 19, 2018, 3:00 PM 5:00 PM
- Baby and Toddler Storytime — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 9:30 AM 10:30 AM
- Athens Prose Writers Group — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 10:00 AM 12:00 PM
- On-Demand-Training: Digital audio, ebooks and troubleshooting your device — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 10:00 AM 12:30 PM
- Baby and Toddler Storytime — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:00 AM 12:00 PM
- Spanish Conversation Hour — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 4:00 PM 6:00 PM
- Book Buddies — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 6:00 PM 7:00 PM
- Books and Beverages — Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 6:30 PM 8:00 PM
When the county public library system was created in 1935, an Athens branch was set up on West Union St., later moving to West Washington St. and then to North Court St. The Athens Public Library moved to its present location at 30 Home St. in 1993. In September of 2005, a new expansion was added, effectively doubling the square footage of the branch.
The library has a sizable play area for children that includes a selection of toys and puppets. A catalog computer is in the children’s area, allowing for searches of library materials.
Athens Public Library has three children’s librarians and numerous children’s programs scheduled throughout the year, as well as the county-wide Book Camp, which takes place each summer.
A variety of excellent programs take place on a weekly basis, including lectures, yoga, dancing, musical concerts, Spanish conversation, and book clubs. All are free, and are funded by the Friends of the Athens Public Library.
- Public Internet access
- Wireless Internet
- Meeting facilities
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Class visits available
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- Golden Buckeye card applications
- County maps available
- Plentiful parking