- Baby/Toddler Storytime — Wednesday January 26, 2022, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Preschool Storytime — Thursday January 27, 2022, 10:00am - 11:00am
- Guest Author — Thursday January 27, 2022, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Family Storytime — Saturday January 29, 2022, 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Anime Card Club — Saturday January 29, 2022, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Chamber Music Concert: Ohio University Piano Trio — Saturday January 29, 2022, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Athens Poetry Group — Tuesday February 1, 2022, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Teacup Bookmark: A Take & Make Project — Tuesday February 1, 2022, 10:00am - 6:00pm Register
- After School Program: Celebrate Chinese New Year — Tuesday February 1, 2022, 4:30pm - 5:30pm
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
- Print from home
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking