- Fall Book Club: The Turn of the Screw (Part 2 of 3) [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday October 21, 2021, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- Drive-Thru Fall Fest — Friday October 22, 2021, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Fall Book Club: The Turn of the Screw (Part 3 of 3) [VIRTUAL PROGRAM] — Thursday October 28, 2021, 7:00pm - 8:00pm Register
- Take-and-Make Lucky Star Garland — Monday November 1, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- General Election — Monday November 1, 2021, 12:00am - 12:00am
- Comic Book Coasters — Monday November 1, 2021, 4:00pm - 5:00pm Register
- A Stroll Around the Garden: The Photography of Randall Fields — Tuesday November 2, 2021, 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Hoof Print Pottery: The Art of Adallie Fox — Tuesday November 2, 2021, 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Windsor Works LTD: Contemporary Fine Furniture by Tom Zano — Tuesday November 2, 2021, 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Author Talk: The Last of His Mind by John Thorndike — Thursday November 4, 2021, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
In the late 1930s, the library Board began to realize that a public library in Athens could offer a different experience and a more diverse collection than the Ohio University’s library. The Athens library originated on W. Union St. in 1935, later moving to W. Washington St. and then on to N. Court St. It’s been at the current location since 1993 and was expanded in 2005, effectively doubling its square footage.
The Athens library branch is our busiest and largest. On any given week, you can attend an author talk, cooking workshop, multiple storytimes, yoga, a music concert, artist reception, and book and knitting clubs. It has hosted a Steampunk Spectacle every fall for nearly a decade.
All programs at this library are supported by the Friends of the Athens Public Library, who host a monthly used book sale at this location.
- Print from home
- Public outdoor playspace
- Meeting rooms
- Notary services
- Bike checkouts
- Copiers/fax service
- Voter registration
- One-on-one technology help
- Plentiful parking