Located behind Village Productions (formerly the Grange)
To use the electronic lockers:
- Reserve library items from the library catalog as you normally would.
- When prompted, choose Amesville Locker Library as the pickup location.
- Receive a notification on the day your items arrive at the lockers. Depending on your account’s communication preference, this will be a phone call, text, or email.
- When you get a notification, you’ll be able to retrieve your items that same day after 5pm.
To pick up your items:
- Enter your library card number on the keypad or scan your card’s barcode.
- The locker(s) containing your items will pop open.
- Retrieve your items within two minutes; after two minutes, the locker won’t open again without library staff assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How do I get a library locker?
- A: This service differs from a typical PO Box–every time you reserve library items to be picked up from this location, a different locker will be assigned to you.
- Q: How often will items be delivered to the lockers?
- A: Twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Q: Why can’t I pick up my items before 5pm the day I get my notification?
- A: Locker delivery coordination has been carefully planned around staff schedules.
- Q: Can I reserve anything other than books?
- A: Yes! If it fits in a locker, we’ll bring it to you. This includes board games, hotspots, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and video games (sorry, no bicycles).
- Q: How long will items be available to pick up?
- A: You’ll have seven days to retrieve your items from the lockers.
- Q: How can I return my library items?
- A: There will be a book drop next to the lockers. Please allow several days for your returns to be removed from your account.
- Q: Can I still receive items via interlibrary loan?
- A: Yes. Please call any ACPL location to make a request.
- Q: Who’s responsible for this new service?
- A: The Amesville Locker Library is possible thanks to a grant from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), awarded by the State Library of Ohio.
Still have questions? Contact our Outreach Services Manager.