The Athens County Public Libraries offer free notary services at the following library locations:
- Athens Public Library, 30 Home St: 740-592-4272
- Coolville Public Library, 26401 Main St: 740-737-6036
- The Plains Public Library, 14 S. Plains Road: 740-797-4579
- Wells (Albany) Public Library, 5200 Washington Rd: 740-737-6030
- Other branches by appointment, please contact the branch for more information.
Bring the following with you:
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- The documents to be notarized (filled out but unsigned)
- Witnesses (if required)
- Any provided instructions
- Call ahead to confirm that the service is available; appointments are highly encouraged.
- Walk-in services are dependent on the notary’s availability.
- Due to limited resources, notary services are for individuals only; business organizations are asked to seek services elsewhere.
- Notaries at the library reserve the right to decline service.