The following outlines the main goals and related objectives as recommended by KMD Associates and the ACPL Strategic Planning Team made up of library employees:
Goal 1: Provide convenient access to library resources and services that reflect the needs of our communities
- Evaluate hours of operation in each branch of ACPL and adjust based on results.
- Encourage staff to provide input for collection development.
- Help to further improve Internet connectivity throughout the county, including hotspots.
- Create a technology plan that addresses specific needs (staff trainings, patron expectations, develop more training for the public in current and future technologies).
Goal 2: Expand awareness to increase engagement with library communities and the Athens County community as a whole
- Facilitate the promotion of events across all branches.
- Develop procedures to more effectively use social media as a promotional tool.
- Create county-wide PR/marketing plan + new initiatives to attract non-users.
- Increase the frequency of individual staff member’s engagement with our communities outside of the library.
- Expand library partnerships with schools, community organizations and cultural entities.
Goal 3: Maximize staff potential in order to provide optimal services to the public
- Evaluate staffing levels and responsibilities; adjust as needed based on results.
- Create a staff professional development plan in the areas of technology and customer service.
- Evaluate staff transportation needs as they relate to job requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Increase cross-branch cooperation with regular, purposeful sharing of staff, ideas and programming.
- Evaluate options for an incentive-based recognition program.
- Form a Teen Team in order to increase teen programming and advocacy.
- Form an Outreach Team in order to increase programming and advocacy.
Goal 4: Create welcoming and functional environments
- Design a facility plan for beautification and improved functionality for each library branch.
- Evaluate and add to comfortable seating options.
- Utilize 2016 Community Energy Savers’ monetary award to increase energy upgrades in ACPL buildings.