Open Source Software is software distributed under a license guaranteeing the right to freely use, modify, and redistribute the code the software is written in. Open Source Software is typically created collaboratively, with contributions possible from people all over the globe.
Even before we started with the Koha Project the library was using Open Source software. Here’s a list of some of the titles we’re using right now.
Software running on servers
- Integrated Library System — Koha
- Web server — Apache
- Server-side scripting — Perl
- Server-side scripting — PHP
- Database management system — MySQL
- Content Management System — WordPress