- Voices Carry: Musical Holiday Bash with Tami Dougan – Friday December 9 at 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Monday Night Yoga – Monday December 12 at 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
- The Needlework Group – Tuesday December 13 at 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Storytime with Rachel – Wednesday December 14 at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- All Things Chocolate for Teens – Thursday December 15 at 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Voices Carry: Christmas Caroling with Tami Dougan – Friday December 16 at 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Monday Night Yoga – Monday December 19 at 6:15 pm - 7:15 pm
- Storytime with Rachel – Wednesday January 4 at 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Monday Night Yoga- New Time – Monday January 9 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Hands On Science for Curious Kids – Tuesday January 10 at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Wells Library was founded in 1866, endowed by funds provided for in the will of Henry Wells, an Albany merchant. The Wells Library joined the Athens County Library system in 1974. The grand opening for the new Wells Library was March 15, 2000.
In June 2008, the Wells Library was struck by fire. The library temporarily relocated to the Albany Community Building while the damaged building was being repaired. The library reopened in its remodeled building on April 23, 2009.
Mary Young Garden. For the beauty and educational programs.
Programs for children are provided regularly, including preschool story time and our countywide summer program, Book Camp.