The Wells Public Library Branch (Albany)
Wells (Albany) Public Library
5200 W. Washington Road
Albany, OH 45710
Phone: (740) 698-3059
Fax: (740) 698-3059
Wireless Internet Available
Events at the Wells (Albany) Public Library
The Wells Library was founded in 1866, endowed by funds provided for in the will of Henry Wells, an Albany merchant. The Wells Library joined the Athens County Library system in 1974. The grand opening for the new Wells Library was March 15, 2000.
In June 2008, the Wells Library was struck by fire. The library temporarily relocated to the Albany Community Building while the damaged building was being repaired. The library reopened in its remodeled building on April 23, 2009.
Mary Young Garden. For the beauty and educational programs.
Programs for children are provided regularly, including preschool story time and our countywide summer program, Book Camp.